Wednesday, January 14, 2009

  1. There is simply no proper words right now (hence why this post does not have a title) to describe the horror I see and hear on daily news on the 'ugly reality' of Israel's atrocities on the Palestinians people. I sit here in front of my computer thousands of miles away from all those horrifying and deafening explosions with a heavy heart and guilt for not doing much to lessen the pain of the Palestinian people. I try to stay strong and pray that all this will end soon but deep inside I know this is futile as long as Israel is occupying part of Palestine, peace will remain fragile.
  2. I choked back tears while watching on the news a Palestinian man kissing his one and half year old son who died when their house was bombed by Israeli's jet. That boy was probably the same age as my little boy and I could not imagine how I would hold myself together if such horrendous thing were to happen to me. The camera later showed the same man sitting on the stairs at the hospital burying his face in his hands, and the newscaster told that his wife and all his children (including the toddler) perished during one of many Israeli airstrike. It is indeed a very sad end to 2008 and a horrifying beginning to 2009.
  3. Ya Allah, please protect and save the Palestinian people in Gaza from the heavy-handed attack from Israel and please open my heart and enlighten me once again and please give me the strength and will power to return to your divine path. Forgive me for not doing more.

No comments: